Green Apple Books
Like other locally owned, independent business, we recirculate more money in the local economy than chains or online retailers; support non-profits and public schools at higher levels; provide a living wage, predictable schedules, health benefits, paid time off and more to our UFCW Local 5 employees; and are truly invested in our neighborhoods.
More importantly, book browsing at Green Apple is a unique experience. From our handmade signs and book recommendations to the many nooks and crannies, you can both get lost in here and find serendipity while browsing. Our friendly, well-read employees also stand ready to help you in any way.
But don't take our word for it.
Curbside pickup and shipping available. Please see the website.
Main Storefront featuring two floors of new & used non-fiction, new releases, kids' books, cookbooks and much more!
I love their Graphic Novel section - really kick ass.
Location506 Clement St, San Francisco, CA 94118
Web & Socialhttps://www.greenapplebooks.com/
- I love their Graphic Novel section - really kick ass.
- The shop covers about 10 times its original 750 sq feet and is perennially voted the best used/independent bookstore in the Bay Area by readers of the San Francisco Bay Guardian & the SF Weekly.
- Comic TPB are in the annex. Great selection.
- Great people, great selection.
- New and used book in all subject areas. Shop online or in the store.
- San Francisco favorite and one of the best bookstores in the country.
- Green apple is a great place to look for all types of gifts, not just books.
For the best experience and expanded features, try our app for iOS and Android.
Are you're the owner of Green Apple Books?
Reach out to have us help you show up better.