John McLaren Park
At 312.54 acres, McLaren Park is the third largest park in San Francisco by area, after Golden Gate Park and Presidio. The park is surrounded mostly by the Excelsior, Crocker-Amazon, Visitacion Valley, Portola and University Mound neighborhoods, so it is the perfect spot to stop and experience what San Francisco has to offer!
Great for picnics and BBQing, off leash dogs, tennis, amazing views, hiking, and jogging. This park has it all.
- Great for picnics and BBQing, off leash dogs, tennis, amazing views, hiking, and jogging. This park has it all.
- This is one of the Bay Area's best dog parks. Lots of room to roam, pretty nice folks. Good solitude, if you and your pup need it.
- Great trails and musing stations where you can sit and reflect.
- Lovely and active park during the day... But scary as heck when the sun goes down.
- Great place for the dogs to swim. Watch for broken glass on ground while hiking the trails.
- Take the puppy for a swim in the pond.
- The dogs love it here.
- So much grass, nice dirt paths to take walks on, total dog freedom, and a cute little pond with ducks - legit dog park.
- You can rent / reserve one of their giant picnic areas in advance for a party.
For the best experience and expanded features, try our app for iOS and Android.
Are you're the owner of John McLaren Park?
Reach out to have us help you show up better.